Book Store Volunteers use retail related skills in the Friends Bookstore to help raise money for the Friends of the London Library and to support Library programs, services and special initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for people who:
- Want to support their Public Library by raising funds to support Library Programs.
- Are looking to use or develop retail skills or experience.
- Are retired and interested in being active and meeting new people,
- Are students needing an opportunity to fulfill volunteer requirements,
- Like helping people and are looking for a social outlet.
- Have a love of books and reading.
As a Book Store Volunteer, you will:
- Work one or more regular 2.5-hours shifts weekly,
- Be part of a volunteer team, co-operating with your shift partner(s),
- Receive training related to the Friends Book Store procedures and policy,
- Take payment for customer purchases,
- Keep up to date with new information related to Store policy and procedures,
- Maintain a high level of customer service assisting customers in finding material they are interested in,
- Help set up displays and special sales events,
- Take on special tasks such as pricing material, coordinating on-line sales, coordinating social media messaging about the bookstore, and being responsible for specific sections of books and other items.
Thank you for considering a volunteer opportunity with Friends of the London Library book store. Please complete and submit the following application and we will respond at the earliest opportunity.